Thank you to all associations, coaches, players, referees and spectators for making the 2018 season a success. We appreciate your support and involvement as we served more than 800 players, almost 48 teams, 200+ coaches, 35+ referees and more than 225 games.
Have a great winter and we will see you next Fall!
2nd Grade - Coon Rapids Cardinals
4th Grade - Blaine Hawks
Two Enhancements for 2018 Season:
1. All coaches on the team sidelines within the coaching box are now required to be certified trusted coaches within their local association. Proper identification/lanyards will be required prior to each game if requested by the officials for the game.
2. Our last weekend of games will be October 13-14 with bowl games for all teams. No more week off for MEA and then NMYFL Playoffs the next week. Teams at grade 2-4 will play an eight game regular season and one bowl game. Teams at grade 5-6 will play a nine game regular season and one bowl game.
These changes to the season have been suggested and approved by the NMYFL Association Leadership Group.
Head Coaches Notes:
1. The posted schedule is the official league schedule for all games. Please share with your team and families.
2. Become a member of this web site so you can have access to league updates, special messages and access to reporting game scores..
3. Review all rules of play for your grade level and direct your coaching staff and families to review as well. We play by different rules at different grades and everyone needs to be made aware of the differences. Please carry a copy of the league rules with you on game day in case there are questions on game management.
4. This is a league information site for hosting league information, posting results, tracking league standings and activities as well as promoting youth football and youth sports. This is not a team site. See your local association for team web site information.
5. Follow us on twitter @NMYFL as there will be league updates and game scores reported live during league play.
6. If you have anything to share about your game please file a game report with the NMYFL. Go to your grade page and below the standings column there is a 2018 Game Report to file. This report is for good or bad news from a game and can be used by coaches, officials, and league representatives.
The North Metro Youth Football League (“NMYFL”) enters its 4th year in 2018. The league is a collaboration of communities located in the north metro of the Twin Cities organized to provide a tackle football league for youth. 2017 the NMYFL served 63 tackle teams, 200+ coaches, and 1,340+ players across grades 2-6. The league also welcomed Coon Rapids at grades 2-6 and St Francis at grade 2.
In 2015, the first year of the league, we served community based football associations of: Blaine, Centennial, Coon Rapids, Irondale, Mounds View, and Spring Lake Park. Grade level divisions were offered for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th.
In 2016, the league expanded to 57 teams, including 5th & 6th grade divisions, as well as welcoming St. Anthony at the 5th & 6th grade level and Andover at the 2nd grade level.
Philosophy and League Functions
The league is organized to coordinate the activities of the member communities participating teams. The league is an informal organization, and operates with a minimum of rules, regulations, policies and procedures. The focus of the league is on providing youth with the opportunity to play tackle football and grow participation in the sport.
The basic operating functions of the league are as follows:
North Metro Youth Football League games may be cancelled due to severe or inclement weather (lightning is a main factor) or if fields are deemed unplayable. Game cancellations will be posted on this site by 4:30 pm during the week and by 10:30 am on Saturdays. All other decisions will be made at game time.
Games can and will be played in rainy conditions and above freezing (32 degrees) temperatures at game time. Coaches will communicate to their teams when there is a cancellation.