The season is over for 2017! Thank you to all associations, coaches, players, referees and spectators for a great season. We appreciate your support and involvement in our league. We served 1,340 players, 63 teams, 200+ coaches, and 40+ referees this season. Thank you for your support families and friends. See you next year!
Head Coaches To Do List:
1. The posted schedule is the official league schedule for all games. Please share with your team and families.
2. Become a member of this web site so you can have access to league updates, special messages and access to reporting game scores..
3. Review all rules of play for your grade level and direct your coaching staff and families to review as well. We play by different rules at different grades and everyone needs to be made aware of the differences. Please carry a copy of the league rules with you on game day in case there are questions on game management.
4. This is a league information site for hosting league information, posting results, tracking league standings and activities as well as promoting youth football and youth sports. This is not a team site. See your local association for team web site information.
5. Follow us on twitter @NMYFL as there will be league updates and game scores reported live during league play.
6. If you have anything to share about your game you can file a game report with the NMYFL. Please go to your grade page and below the standings column there is a 2017 Game Report to file. This report is for good or bad news from a game and can be used by coaches, officials, and league representatives.
2017 Tier I Champions:
6th Grade - Centennial Landsharks
5th Grade - Blaine Bengals
4th Grade - Spring Lake Park Black
3rd Grade - Centennial Storm
2nd Grade - Blaine Bengals
See complete results at the link below:
North Metro Youth Football League games may be cancelled due to severe or inclement weather (lightning is a main factor) or if fields are deemed unplayable. Game cancellations will be posted on this home page. Games can and will be played in rainy conditions and above freezing (32 degrees) at game time. Coaches will communicate with their teams in the event of a cancellation.
The North Metro Youth Football League (“NMYFL”) enters its 3rd year in 2017. The league is a collaboration of communities located in the north metro of the Twin Cities organized to provide a tackle football league for youth. 2017 the NMYFL served 63 tackle teams, 200+ coaches, and 1,340+ players across grades 2-6. The league also welcomed Coon Rapids at grades 2-6 and St Francis at grade 2.
In 2015, the first year of the league, we served community based football associations of: Blaine, Centennial, Coon Rapids, Irondale, Mounds View, and Spring Lake Park. Grade level divisions were offered for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th.
In 2016, the league expanded to 57 teams, including 5th & 6th grade divisions, as well as welcoming St. Anthony at the 5th & 6th grade level and Andover at the 2nd grade level.
Philosophy and League Functions
The league is organized to coordinate the activities of the member communities participating teams. The league is an informal organization, and operates with a minimum of rules, regulations, policies and procedures. The focus of the league is on providing youth with the opportunity to play tackle football and grow participation in the sport.
The basic operating functions of the league are as follows: